(currently unavailable, due to CV19)
Our office provides proctoring services for exam(s) from other institutions and professional organizations. We proctor both paper-based and online exams from any instutition or school.
We administer tests (by appointment only) Monday through Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm. All testing concludes by 4:30pm. Please schedule your appointment early enough to give you sufficient time to complete everything by 4:30pm.
Scheduling an Exam
- E-mail our office to request a proctored exam. In your e-mail, please include:
- Your name and contact info (e-mail and contact phone #)
- Name of institution, their contact info, and any information/forms they need from us (if any)
- Information about your exam (paper or online, how long, how soon you need to test, etc)
- Date/time you would like to test
- We will confirm all details and set up your appointment via e-mail. Each school/institution may have different procedures, but we will work with you to help coordinate your test.
- Before the day of your test:
- Contact your school/institution, if necessary, to ensure that any test materials and/or instructions are sent to us at least 2 business days in advance of your appointment date. If your exam materials are sent on the same day as your appointment, it can result in delays when you check in.
- You can also e-mail us 2 business days before your appointment to confirm that we have your exam.
- Please plan to arrive early to allow for parking and/or traffic. You can also download a campus map here. For navigation apps, set your destination for the corner of 9th Street and San Fernando. There is a parking garage on the corner. Our office is across the street in Industrial Studies 228 (second floor).
- On the day of your test, please bring:
- A valid photo ID to check in (US-issued driver's license, state ID card, or passport)
- Any materials and/or supplies that you need for your exam
- Cash for parking (machines are on level 3 & above, by the stairs)
- Cash, check, or money order to cover the proctoring fee. (exact change, please - NO CARDS)
As of September 1, 2016, our rates for proctoring exams are:
- $35 for the first hour
- $10 for each additional 30 minutes (or portion of)
- If exams need to be physically shipped, additional shipping fees may apply.
Fees are per exam. Multiple exams are charged separately, not collectively.
If paying with cash, please bring exact change. We cannot process debit/credit cards. Checks/money orders can be made payable to San Jose State University.
The SJSU Testing Office will:
- Store the test in a secure location.
- Check photo identification to verify the identity of the candidate.
- Monitor the candidate for the entire duration of the test to prevent irregularities. If an irregularity occurs, we will include an irregularity report with the finished test.
- Return physical test materials to the institution (or shred) if the test has not been attempted by the candidate, or if the test has not been authorized by the institution.