Registration Information (WST)
How to Register
Please read the instructions carefully to ensure that your registration is done correctly.
- Click this CashNet link to register. Read the page carefully, then click "Writing Skills Test" ($38).
- Complete personal information carefully and accurately.
- It is very important that you register exactly as your name appears on your ID.
- If you have more than one last name, include them all in the Last Name field.
- Add any middle names after your first name in the First Name field.
- You will be denied admission if any of your information is missing, inaccurate, or invalid.
- Click on "Add to Basket", then click "Checkout". Fill out the form with your payment information, then click on "Continue Checkout", then "Submit Your Order".
- You will receive a e-mail receipt from CashNet when your transaction is completed. Please keep it for your records. If you do not receive a receipt, your transaction did not go through.
- Your admission ticket will be sent to you via MySJSU messaging about 1 week before the test date. The ticket will have your room assignment and reporting time on it. Click here for more information.
- Registration is limited to a maximum of 2000 students. Please register early.
- WST registration is done online. A valid SJSU ID number is required. If you use an inactive number, an ID not in our records, or another student's ID, you will not receive an admission ticket and your registration fees will be forfeited. If you do not have an SJSU ID number, please visit WST FAQ.
- Fees are nonrefundable and may be subject to change. All writing submitted becomes the property of SJSU and will not be redistributed without your consent. Essays are retained for one WST cycle only; essays are not returned after scoring for any reason.
- Your receipt will only show your test date. Your room assignment and reporting time
will be on your admission ticket, which will be sent 1 week before the test.