WST Registration Information
There are 3 methods to register for the Writing Skills Test:
Note: If you do not have an SJSU ID number, please check Writing Skills Test FAQ.
- Online Registration
If your payment cannot be processed, an error message will appear on the CASHNet website. In order to ensure registration, please check your e-mail for payment confirmation and MySJSU periodically for important updates.
- Click on this CASHNet link.
- Read the following information about registration.
- Click on "Writing Skills Test."
- Complete personal information carefully.
- Click on "Add to Basket."
- Click on "Checkout."
- Complete payment information carefully.
- Click on "Continue Checkout."
- Click on "Submit Your Order."
- Print "Order Receipt."
- Paper Registration
- Go to the Bursar's Office located in the Student Services Center.
- Locate the WST Registration Form.
- Fill out the information on both sides with a #2 pencil.
- Provide payment using cash, money order, cashier's check or personal check. Credit/Debit cards are not accepted.
- Obtain and keep a receipt.
- Mail Registration
Registration forms are due in the Bursar's Office on or prior to the published registration deadline. Postmarks will not be accepted.
- Contact the Testing Office by e-mailing us with your first name, last name, and address.
- Once the registration form has been received, fill out teh information on both sides.
- Mail back the registration form with a check or money order to the address printed on the back of the registration form.
Late registration starts the Monday following the registration deadline. Late registration fees are an additional $15.00 and will be added to the regular registration fee. These fees are non-refundable and subject to change. Late registration can only be done in person. Please contact the Testing Office at (408)924-5980 for more information. Late registration will be closed once all available admission tickets have been distributed. Late registration will finally close the Wednesday prior to the test date at 3:00PM (PST).
Extended time and/or disability related accommodation requests need to be made four weeks prior to the test date. For extended time and/or disability related accommodations, please register for the test first and visit the Disability Resource Center (DRC) counselor as soon as possible with an order number or receipt. The DRC is located in the Administration Building, Room 110. Check the website for office hours.
Follow the directions below:
- Contact the Disability Resource Center (DRC) for an appointment to see a counselor.
- Attend the scheduled appointment.
- Contact the Disability Resource Center (DRC) if you do not receive a notice within one week prior to the test date.
Religious related accommodation requests need to be made 3 weeks prior to the test date. Students requesting this accommodation will need to register for the test and provide a letter from the religious institution (on letterhead) explaining why the student cannot test on a Saturday. The letter must contain the student's full name, the date, and the official's signature. The letter can be mailed to or dropped off at the Testing Office, Industrial Studies Building, Room 228.