Who needs to take the TEAS?
Only nursing applicants need to take the TEAS test.
Can I register for the TEAS test even if I am not attending SJSU?
Yes, we accept all TEAS test candidates who are applying to SJSU and other nursing programs. If you require accommodations and are not a SJSU student, please email the Testing Office for further instructions.
What ID is considered valid for test day?
Your valid photo ID must include your first and last names exactly matching the names you registered with and must include a recognizable photo of you. The photo ID must be still valid at time of admission.
Examples of acceptable IDs which are valid and with recognizable picture include:
- State issued driver's licenses from within the United States
- Federal issued IDs such as United States passport, national ID, military ID, or a United States issued diplomatic ID
- Foreign passports with a recognizable photo (including foreign diplomatic IDs)
- Student ID from a public school such as your CSU ID (including your current SJSU Tower ID)
- Work ID issued by a state in the United States or United States federal government with recognizable photo
Examples of unacceptable IDs include
- Social Security Card
- Any Birth Certificate from any country
- Any financial institution issued card with photo (Debit or Credit Card)
- Any Membership ID with a photo
- DMV renewal without a photo or without identifying information
- Foreign ID cards from any country besides the US
- Any expired ID
What is an ATI Paper Pencil ID?
This is an unique registration number for each candidate taking the TEAS test. Once an account at ATI testing has been set-up, you will be provided with an ATI Paper Pencil ID. This ID number is used for you and nursing programs to access your test score(s). This ID is needed on the day of the test. Failure to have this ID will result in forfeiture of test fees.
How do I receive my admission ticket?
About a week prior to the test date, you will receive an admission ticket via email. Make sure you have an TEAS test payment email confirmation because the admission ticket will be emailed to the email address you have entered during registration.
What if I do not receive an admission ticket 3 days prior to the test date?
Contact the Testing Office as soon as possible via e-mail and provide your first and last name with your ATI Paper Pencil ID number.
Can I reschedule my TEAS test date?
You can move/reschedule your test date to a later date. You must e-mail the Testing Office prior to the registration deadline of your original test date in order to do so. (Example: If you are registered for April 4, 2009 but you want to reschedule the test for July 18, 2009, your last day to contact us to reschedule the test date is March 12, 2009.)
If the registration deadline has passed, you must provide documentation to the Testing Office about your circumstances and we will review your documentation to determined whether your test date will be moved. Please provide documentation no later than 2 weeks after the test date.
How long is the TEAS test?
It takes approximately 4 hours and 30 minutes.
What if I miss the registration deadline; is late registration available?
Late registration is not available for the TEAS test. You will have to register for the next available test date.