Our office provides proctoring services for exam(s) from other institutions and professional organizations. We proctor both paper-based and online exams.
Effective January 1, 2016, our proctoring rates are:
- $30 for the first hour
- $10 for each additional half hour (rounded up)
We accept proctoring appointments Monday through Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm.
- First appointment begins at 8:30am. All testing concludes at 4:30pm. Please schedule your appointment with enough time to complete your exam no later than 4:30pm.
Please be advised that we only accept cash, checks, or money orders. (Credit cards, ATM/debit cards and prepaid credit cards are not accepted).
Additional fees may apply for paper-based proctoring (click for details).
To schedule a proctored exam:
- Contact the Testing Office via e-mail to schedule an appointment. Please include any relevant information about your exam:
- Name of institution
- Type of exam (paper-based or online)
- Course name (if applicable), or type of certification
- Your institution's contact information and any information/forms they need from us (if any)
- Best phone # to reach you
- Date/time you would like to take the exam (please give 2 possible dates/times, just in case)
- Before arriving to take the exam(s), prepare these items:
The Testing Office at San Jose State University will:
- Check all identification to verify the identity of the candidate taking an exam.
- Monitor the candidate for the entire duration of the test to prevent irregularities.
- Include an irregularity report together with the test if an irregularity has occurred.
- Return test materials to the institution if the test has not been attempted by the candidate or the test has not be authorized by the institution.
- Keep the test in a secure location.