Our office provides proctoring services for exam(s) from other institutions. Two different kinds of proctoring services are offered for the community.
- Paper-based proctoring
- Online proctoring
Effective October 1, 2015, our proctoring rates will increase to $30 for the first hour and $10 for each additional half and hour.
Currently, our proctoring rates for testing are $20 for the first hour and $10 for each additional half-hour. Our services are offered the Monday through Friday from 9:00AM-4:00PM. We only take cash, checks, or money orders. (No credit cards, ATM/debit cards or prepaid credit cards are accepted). Additional fees may apply for paper proctoring (see Paper-based proctoring for details).
Instructions to take the exams:
- Contact the Testing Office via e-mail to schedule an appointment.
- Before arriving to take the exam(s), prepare these items:
The Testing Office at San Jose State University will:
- Check all identification to verify the identity of the candidate taking an exam.
- Monitor the candidate for the entire duration of the test to prevent irregularities.
- Include an irregularity report together with the test if an irregularity has occurred.
- Return test materials to the institution if the test has not been attempted by the candidate or the test has not be authorized by the institution.
- Keep the test in a secure location.