We administer tests (by appointment only) Monday through Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm. All testing concludes by 4:30pm. Please schedule your appointment early enough to give you sufficient time to complete everything by 4:30pm.
Scheduling an Exam
- E-mail our office to request a proctored exam. In your e-mail, please include:
- Name of institution
- Type of exam (paper-based or online)
- Course name (if applicable), or type of certification
- Your institution's contact information and any information/forms they need from us (if any)
- Best phone # to reach you
- Date/time you would like to take the exam (please give 2 possible dates/times, just in case)
- Any other relevant details about your exam
- We will confirm all details and set up your appointment via e-mail. Since each school/institution may have different procedures, some coordination may be involved.
- Before the day of your test:
- Contact your school/institution, if necessary, to ensure that any test materials and/or instructions are sent to us at least 2 business days in advance of your appointment date. If your exam materials are sent on the same day as your appointment, it can result in delays when you check in.
- You can also e-mail us 2 business days before your appointment to confirm that we have your exam.
- Please plan to arrive early to allow for parking and/or traffic. You can also download a campus map here. For navigation apps, set your destination for the corner of 9th Street and San Fernando. There is a parking garage on the corner. Our office is across the street in Industrial Studies 228 (second floor).
- On the day of your test, please bring:
- A valid photo ID to check in (US-issued driver's license, state ID card, or passport)
- Any materials and/or supplies that you need for your exam
- Cash for parking (machines are on level 3 & above, by the stairs)
- Cash, check, or money order to cover the proctoring fee. (exact change, please)
As of September 1, 2016, our proctoring rates are:
- $35 for the first hour
- $10 for each additional 30 minutes (or portion of)
- Additional fees may apply for paper-based proctoring (click for details).
If paying with cash, please bring exact change. We cannot process debit/credit cards. Checks/money orders can be made payable to San Jose State University.
The SJSU Testing Office will:
- Store the test in a secure location.
- Check photo identification to verify the identity of the candidate.
- Monitor the candidate for the entire duration of the test to prevent irregularities. If an irregularity occurs, we will include an irregularity report with the finished test.
- Return physical test materials to the institution (or shred) if the test has not been attempted by the candidate, or if the test has not been authorized by the institution.