Makeup Exams (Students)
Our office provides makeup exam services for SJSU students who are unable to complete exams at alternate times with their instructors during regular office hours. It is optional for instructors to use and will require instructor approval in advance. (SJSU courses only)
To request an exam:
- Talk to your instructor first. Our service is only available with their permission;
instructors have the right to insist that you make up exams for the course according
to the policies on their syllabus.
- Your instructor will need to fill out a Makeup Request Form and send it, along with a copy of the test, to email@example.com. Allow 2-3 business days for receipt & confirmation.
- Once we have confirmed receipt of your exam, your instructor will direct you to e-mail our office to request an appointment time. (available M-F, 8:30-4:30pm - all testing must end
- In the e-mail, provide your full name, SJSU ID#, course, instructor, phone number, and 2-3 dates/times that you are available for testing. (allow at least 24 hours advance notice)
- When you come in, you must provide a valid photo ID and/or SJSU Tower Card for identification.
- You are responsible for providing any scantrons, blue books, and/or other materials required for your exam. Purchase them in advance from the Spartan Bookstore if you need any.
- After your exam is finished, please allow 2-3 days for your exam to be returned to your instructor, plus additional time for grading.
- Talk to your instructor first. Our service is only available with their permission; instructors have the right to insist that you make up exams for the course according to the policies on their syllabus.
Students who may require accommodations for makeup exams must contact the Accessible Education Center in advance to make appropriate arrangements.