Completing the CPE Off-Campus
Students who live more than 50 miles away from SJSU may request to have their Calculus Placement Exam proctored at an approved testing center in their area.
This process incurs additional fees and requires advance notice to allow time for processing. Plan ahead to make sure you meet all deadlines.
To request to have your CPE proctored:
First: Locate a college/university testing center in your area.
- Acceptable centers include other college/university testing centers, including other
- The center must have a reliable internet connection and Respondus lockdown browser.
- Make sure to get the name of the test center, proctor's name, e-mail address, and phone number.
- Schedule an appointment at least 10-14 business days in advance.
Next: Fill out a Off-Campus CPE Request Form online (uses Google Forms).
- IMPORTANT: Enter all information correctly. Your test or your score may be lost otherwise.
- Wait 5-7 business days. We will contact your proctor first before approving your request.
- You will be notified by e-mail if your request is approved/denied. Tests will be available 5-7 days later.
On the day of your test:
- Bring a valid photo ID. Follow your test center's guidelines and procedures.
- You will be responsible for any proctoring fees charged by your test center.
After you test:
- Your results will be posted to MySJSU by the end of the next business day.
- You will receive a MySJSU message with your course recommendation.
Retaking the CPE:
- You may retake the CPE once, if desired. Only the highest score will be counted.
- If you wish to retake your CPE for a higher score, e-mail our office.
- If approved, we will notify the same proctor again. You do not need to do another proctor request.
- Allow 5-7 days for processing We will send confirmation when it is available at your test center.