University Learning Goals (ULG)
- Specialized Knowledge
- Mastered the depth of knowledge required for a degree, as identified by its program learning outcomes.
- Broad Integrative Knowledge
- Mastery in each step of an investigative, creative or practical project (i.e. brainstorming, planning, formulating hypotheses or complex questions, designing, creating, completing, and communicating).
- An understanding of the implications of results or findings from a particular work in a societal context (i.e. social or economic implications of a scientific finding).
- Students graduating with a baccalaureate degree will have demonstrated an understanding of critical components of broad academic areas, the arts, humanities, social sciences, and sciences and their integration.
- Intellectual Skills
- Fluency in the use of specific theories, tools, technology and graphical representation.
- Skills and abilities necessary for life-long learning: critical and creative thinking, effective communication, conscientious information gathering and processing, mastery of quantitative methodologies, and the ability to engage effectively in collaborative activities.
- Applied Knowledge
- The ability to integrate theory, practice, and problem-solving to address practical issues.
- The ability to apply their knowledge and skills to new settings or in addressing complex problems.
- The ability to work productively as individuals and in groups.
- Social and Global Responsibilities
- The ability to act intentionally and ethically to address a global or local problem in an informed manner with a multicultural and historical perspective and a clear understanding of societal and civic responsibilities.
- Diverse and global perspectives through engagement with the multidimensional SJSU community.
Program Learning Outcomes (PLO)
- Students will know and understand the policies and procedures that testing requirements for admission, enrollment and graduation at SJSU. (Applied Knowledge)
- Students will demonstrate competence in applying the policies and procedures that guide admission, enrollment and graduation at SJSU. (Applied Knowledge)
- Students will search information on Testing Office website and utilize mySJSU effectively for admission tickets and correspondence to access information and conduct business with the university. (Intellectual Skills)
- Students will demonstrate effective communication and critical thinking skills in accessing information and services provided by Testing Office. (Intellectual Skills)
- Students will demonstrate punctuality by arriving on appointments or test date. (Applied Knowledge)